RROT CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE COATING
120 ml (1/2 cup) olive or sunflower oil
3 large carrots cut into pieces
400 g (2 cups) sugar
300 g (2.5 cups) wheat flour
15 g (1 tablespoon) baking powder (Royal Baking Powder)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
3 tablespoons of chocolate powder (Nesquick or Cola Cao)
1 teaspoon sugar
5 tablespoons of milk
- Add the carrot pieces, oil and eggs to the blender. Beat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and beat for 1 minute as well.
- Place the dough in a large bowl and add the flour little by little and the yeast as well. Mix everything well.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350°F) and bake for about 40 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cake)
- Mix all the ingredients in a small pot and let heat over low heat. Don’t let it stick to the bottom – you have to keep moving the mixture.
- After about 5-10 minutes, place the topping on top of the cake (fresh from the oven)
- Let it cool a little and enjoy!